Inspire Me is an exciting project designed to give young people aged 14-25 the chance to explore new opportunities and learn new skills.
Inspire Me will provide practical activities and training to give young people with a learning disability the opportunity to build their confidence and learn new life skills. This will include:
- Improving the skills and opportunities for young people through ‘Inspire Me’ workshops in schools, colleges, local groups and community clubs
- Through Community Impact Projects young people will be reaching out to local communities to promote awareness, understanding and create opportunities for themselves and others
- Promoting positive role models through Mencap Young Ambassadors, who will become the voice of Mencap
- Supporting and advising the parents of young people with a learning disability, so they are able to help their child achieve the best possible future
- Family events for information and enjoyment for the whole family
- Learning Disability Awareness for the community
A key aspect of this project is to work with local communities to change negative attitudes towards young people with a learning disability. The Inspire Me Team will work with schools, colleges, parents, carers and local communities across the UK to ensure Inspire Me is available to young people in their locality.
With the Co-operative Group’s support we want to change the lives of 25,000 young people with a learning disabilityaged 14-25 and their families by supporting and inspiring them to be the best that they can be.
For more information on any part of the Inspire Me project contact:
telephone no.: 02827666666 or 07717310234